There are many well-meaning parenting books to be found. I thought I might try my hand at a book that really helps new parents know what to expect in the toddler and preschool years. Here’s my rough outline so far.
Kids: The Owner’s Manual
Chapter 1 – Favourite Preschooler Games
- Are the Lights On or Off?
- I’m done on the toilet. Wait, no, I’m not
- Guess What I’d Like On My Sandwich?
Chapter 2 – Clothing Issues
- Zip my Coat, But Not Too High
- My Sock Feels Weird
- If It’s Not Blue I’m Not Wearing It
- Snow Doesn’t Mean I Can’t Wear Crocs
Chapter 3 – Psychological Warfare
- I Know I Ate that Yesterday, So What?
- It’s Your Fault You Can’t Understand What I’m Saying
Chapter 4 – The Hidden Enemy
- Marker Lids
- Juice Boxes – I’ll Squeeze Them If I Like
Chapter 5 – Personal Space: Why You Don’t Need It
What other chapters would you recommend?