Top Ten Movies of the Year
The Most Influential People of 2017
Master Reading List of the Year
Toy Trends of 2017
Top Five Pencils of 2017
(joking, there is only one pencil worth mentioning and it’s the Staedtler HB #2, everyone knows that)
As a kid, I loved perusing Life: The Year in Pictures. I didn’t know who most of the people and events were, but there was something satisfying about seeing a full year neatly wrapped up in a glossy-page package. Lists are fun and few can resist them. As I bid farewell to this past year, it caused me to reminisce about the highs and lows of the last 365 days.
I contemplated a twitter thread because isn’t that what all the youth are doing these days? Then I thought, no, be yourself. Be authentic. Stay true to your brand. And so, I give to you, dear reader…
2017 in Review: Snacks I Ate After the Kids Went to Bed
1. Sour cream and onion chips
3. Discounted Easter candy
5. Sweet Chili Heat Doritos
6. Leftover icing
7. Cookie dough I told the kids would make them sick
8. Mini M&Ms
9. Goldfish and olives (I was feeling fancy)
10. Girl guide cookies I was saving for Christmas
11. Brownie batter
12. The remaining Sweet Chili Heat Doritos (hid them so well I forgot for a few days that they were still in the house)
13. Ketchup Pringles (I left a few in the can for plausible deniability)
14. Reese’s peanut butter cups that mysteriously appeared in my coat pocket
15. Chunk of cheddar (store brand – barely worth it)
16. American Oreo I received in the mail
17. Caramilk Easter egg I found in my nightstand drawer
19. Sour jujubes
20. Fruit juice jujubes
21. Peanut butter off the spoon (did NOT double dip)
22. Crackers and blue cheese (the good kind, did not share)
23. Chocolate covered acai berries I did not know we were saving for the holidays but I would have eaten even you’d told me
24. Saturday cereal (it’s fine because I’m the grown up)
25. King-size Three Muskateers
26. Frozen butter tart – totally worth the sore tooth
27. Cinnamon hearts
28. More cinnamon hearts even though my tongue hurt from the first round
29. Lime sherbet directly from the container (definitely double-dipped)
30. Post-workout chocolate chip cookies, but I pretended they were power bars so it was totally fine
31. Ketchup Doritos (limited edition, but not limited taste)
32. Mini Kit Kats we bought for the trick-or-treaters
33. Sweet Tarts (purely medicinal)
34. Goldfish and grape tomatoes
35. Hunk of baguette dipped in hummus because I’m classy like that.
**Yes, all of the above are 100% accurate and true. Your turn – what’s your favourite evening snack?
6 thoughts on “2017: A Snack-filled Year in Review”
Lindt chocolates, more specifically, dark chocolate coconut!
They are the best of the Lindt.
Hot chocolate. And the top pencil is always Ticonderoga. I prefer the black because it’s classy. Happy New Year, Jan!
Agree to disagree on the pencil. But I admire your taste.
Wow! We should really get out and walk. I’m concerned about your health. Lol 😉
I hesitate to approve this comment.