On a warm August morning what is a mom of four young boys to do while her husband and father of her offspring is getting ready for the new school year?
The park? Went to four of them last week.
The library? Did that yesterday.
The toy store? Did that the day before yesterday.
Why not try the local indoor pool? It’s FREE admission.
“But we have our own pool” is clearly not a valid argument when the pull of going somewhere new and adventurous is strong. So off we went and now I share with you…
My Five Rules for the Leisure Pool
1. Apparently, elderly swimming patrons do not appreciate loud references to “Cocoon”. Think it, don’t say it.
2. Don’t wear a bikini to the family swim, no need to rub in to the rest of us. Yay you for bouncing back into your pre-baby shape. I hope you slip on the deck.
3. Avoid playing “Pretend To Drown”. Ditto for “Dead in the Water”. Best not to let your kids play it either.
4. It might be called a “leisure” pool, but bringing your own margarita is frowned upon.
5. If you discover hair floating near your person, stay calm. It’s just hair. It might not be your hair, but you’ll be okay.
How about you? Any tips for swimming with strangers?