When you are
trapped enjoying a day at home due to an ice storm, there are a few simple rules to keep everyone happy.
1. You may only play the “Snoopy vs. The Red Baron” 100 times on the record player if:
a) you let it finish
b) turn the volume down
c) LET IT FINISH
d) stop changing the speed.
2. Attendance at the family meeting is mandatory. Agenda as follows:
I. Bickering: What’s your role?
II. It’s an Ice Day, not the end of the world. Snacks will be served at their usual time. Stop asking.
III. Where can you play “Chase?
3. If Mommy’s eyes are closed, leave her alone. (NOTE: This rule applies to most days.)
In the event that the power goes out:
4. Do not open the fridge unless it is life or death.
5. When reading in the makeshift camp, no methane emissions of any kind.